Friday, September 21, 2007

Thing 6


















In this "discovery exercise", I am asked to explore some mashups. Mashups are applications on the web that mash together data from more than one source to form an integrated experience.
For instance, the maps from www.google.com are combined with the information about real estate from www.craigslist.org to create a mashup.
I found a mashup, http://lunchbox.allbusiness.com, which mashes together maps and reviews of restaurants. Supply a zip code and you'll be given reviews of restaurants in the area.
Another, completely different mashup that I used, is Flickr's Color Pickr. It helps you to find Flickr's images that match specific colors. I got there by going to www.krazydad.com/colorpickr. I chose one that I like to put on my computer's desktop. It's at the top of this blog.

No comments: